Sunday, June 7, 2009

The End is Here...goodbye Computer Art & Otterbein

So the time has come to say goodbye to computer art and Otterbein...I am graduating in 7 days and am getting ready to face the world for the first time on my own and leave behind the one place that has ever felt like home to me. This quarter has been one of the most challeging of all the quarters that I have spent creativity is running low at this point but in the long run it's a good thing. I have learned so much from this course and I honestly think it's given me the tools to be even more creative as far as my art is considered and even though there have been times when I've wanted to rip my hair out I have loved it overall. I will miss so much about this place when I am gone and will always appreciate everything that I have taken away from Otterbein and look back fondly on all of the memories I have made as well. So thanks for the great run Otterbein and thanks for always encouraging me to be the best and strive for the top!

Getting the portfolio together...

Well today is the day to gather together all of my work from this quarter, print it, mat it on black board and get it ready to be handed in as one of my last finals of me college career. So let's take a look back on all of the projects I've done over the quarter and reflect on some feelings...

1. Artistic Portrait - WOW! this project scared the crap out of me, I was so nervous that in comparison to everyone else in the class that mine would look as if a kindergartner did it. I had so many ideas and little to no skills, so this was a true struggle, but for my first effort I don't think it turned out that bad.

2. Professor Project - I was overly ambitious with this project at first and there was still so much that I needed to learn in order to accomplish even half of what I wanted. After several different versions and numerous hours just staring at different artists trying to get inspiration I finally found some in the work of Wes Wilson.

3. Classmate Project - This one I was feeling a little more confident about, I know Laura well because I drive her to class everyday and she is one of my best friend's little in their sorority. She and I have very similar likes and personalities so it was easier for me to find inspiration. Overall I think this is the first glance at all of the different things I was learning through this course.

4. Playing Card Project - So after I was starting to feel confident with everything I get knocked off my high horse by this project...this project and design concept has stressed me out to no end and I still don't like it all that much.

5. Set of Three Project - I LOVE this project and had such a good time working on it and I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. I think it shows just how much I've gained in knowledge over the course of this quarter

edits edits edits!...carebear playing cards

This Carebear playing card will probably be the death of after another hour and a half of trying to edit him so he doesn't look like a freak this is what I came up with. He looks better than before but he's still world's away from being up to m standards or my skills....I really struggled with this one but for the time being this is the best I could do. He does look a little better though :)

Friday, June 5, 2009

the editing continues...classmate project

This originally was a project that I struggled with because I could not figure out a way to make it appear less like I pasted all the images together on construction paper and more like a painting...until I discovered the wonderful world of FILTERS!! What is great about the filter treatment that I used on this project is that it's called ocean waves and one of Laura's favorite things in the ocean [also Laura is the name of the girl I did the project no I'm not talking in 3rd person]. I think it looks much more original now and looks more like a piece of art.

let the edits begin...self portrait project

Let's take a trip back in time shall we...I decided to go back and fix up m first project from this quarter, my artistic portrait. It was much easier this time around to see what needed to be fixed and how I could make it better. The main issue that I fixed was the portrait of my friend Kacie on the middle of the left side, I made her larger in the frame as well as faded her in to the sunset of the center picture and the guitar in the upper left corner. I also changed the coloring on the picture of the water in the top right, the depths of the black and white on my portrait and changed my logo so it would blend in with the bike rack on the lower left corner. It all flows much better now and all of the skills that I've picked up along the way this quarter really helped me to make it better.