Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Slow & Steady Wins the Race





















Now I haven't been very good at keeping everyone posted on how I am doing on my current project...Artistic Portrait. It is coming along much better than I ever expected and I am really looking forward to seeing what it will look like when I am done with it. So to sort of explain the process of how I got prepared for this project I have uploaded copies of my thumbnail sketches...now forgive me for not being the best at drawing, but I think this will be able to give you a good idea of the concept I am going towards. I am much further than these thumbnails on my project, but the one that will give you the best idea of what my project is going to look like, when this is all said and done, is the thumbnail on the left. Basically surrounding my self portrait are pieces of my own photography...everything from concert photos to landscapes to some portrait work I have done...all of them mean something to me in one way or another and they are what I use as my continued inspiration. Those images are going to be surrounded by a cloud-like backdrop, which represents my creative process, and then lastly the song lyric, "What good does us reason if we fail to see and what good does us freedom if we fail to be free", will run through all of the images. Hopefully that gives all of you a better idea of what I am working on...soon I will post what the project looks like so far and then my final product towards the end of this week. Again feel free to leave feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment